Sunday, February 23, 2014

Rainbow of Goodness

I stumbled upon Alex at Chavez Ravining a week a so ago, and we were quickly able to come up with a trade that helped both sides. As a fan of the Angels, I checked and the last time the Dodgers and Angels made a deal was 1993. The trade? The immortal Reggie Williams for the equally memorable Mike James (check the stats; the Angels won that one!). I'm sure it won't be that long before Alex and I trade again.

 
 
Anyways, Alex sent over a beautiful array of colors to help with the various parallel sets I'm working on. Three purple refractors, 16 target reds, 3 red foils, and 8 topps yellows.
 


I would have to say that my favorite card in the bunch is this yellow Anthony Gose. One of my side collections is getting players who played high school ball in Southern California and Gose fits the bill. Gose played at Bellflower High and was drafted by the Phillies before being traded to the Astros in the Roy Oswalt deal. He was then traded that same day to the Blue Jays for Bret Wallace.

Thanks again Alex for the great trade and keep shopping at Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment