Sunday, May 10, 2015

In Person Autograph - Dillon Tate

A relative unknown at the start of the college baseball season, Dillon Tate has rocketed up the draft boards and is now generally regarded as a surefire Top 5 selection in the upcoming June draft. Tate is currently a junior at UC Santa Barbara, and being in the Big West Conference, was sure to make an appearance at Long Beach State or Cal State Fullerton this year. I had long ago marked this weekend down as the date when I could hopefully get him to sign my 2 USA cards. I made the trek postgame after the Fullerton/UCSB contest last night and after what was probably a 40 minute wait, Tate happily signed for everyone who asked.

 
Since the release of the 2014 USA box set, Panini has also come out with a USA Stars & Stripes set. I was able to pick up the Tate base card from that set as well, which I also got signed.
 
 

1 comment: